BBQ-Bacon Meat Loaf

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I don't care if you don't like meat loaf....this is amazing and it is now replacing my traditional meat loaf!!  I got this recipe out of my Biggest Loser Family Cookbook.   I tweeked it a little for my tastebuds but the calories didn't change.

Ingredients:

Olive Oil Spray (I used 1TBSP of EVOO)
1 cup chopped red onion
4 slice extra-lean turkey bacon, chopped
2/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup of fat free milk
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1TBSP chopped garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tesaspoon salt
1/3 cup barbeque sauce (7g of carbs or less per 2TBSP serving)

Preheat oven to 350degrees (I ended up going to 400 since the cooking time was way off, I suggest giving yourself 1 hour of cook time min with this temp just to be safe).  Lightly rub a tad of oil on a bread loaf pan to prevent sticking.

Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add EVOO, onions and bacon.  Cook, stirring until the onion is tender and just barely starting to brown and the bacon is crisped (turkey bacon doesn't crisp like regular bacon so keep an eye on the onions, they will be your guide.)  Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.

Combine the oats and mil ina medium mixing bowl and stir to mix.  Let the mixture stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.  Add the cooled onions and bacon mixture, the ground turkey, egg whites, garlic, Worstershire sauce, and salt.  With a fork or clean hand, mixs the ingredients until well combined.

Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread so the top is flat.  Spread the BBQ sauce evenly over the top.  Bake for 35-40 minutes (up the time if at 350), or until the turkey is completely cooked through and no longer pin (170degrees).  Let the loaf sit for about 10 minute before cutting into 8 slices to serve.

I paired it with fresh steemed broccoli and it really complimented it well.  My kids gobbled it all up and want me to make again tomorrow night!!  LOL

Bon Appetite!!!
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 258 calories(meatloaf only)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Di's Daily Dish Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino